Saturday, March 5, 2011



Congrats to the Firebird for winning a trophy for basketball!

So, I'm 50 hours into the radioactive iodine treatment. Although the only known side effect is a possible sore neck, I have been draggin butt and just got up from a three hour nap.

The tech said I was getting a good dose that will knock the thyroid out, so most likely I am looking at replacement hormone the rest of my life. Thanks Tonia, for the tip on the generic, after I took the pill I was thinking that I hope the meds over my loifetime weren't going to cost me an arm and a leg...figuratively speaking.

2 comments:

~Tonia said...

How are you feeling now?? Looks like you are going to go from one extreme to another.. I am sorry its no fun I know. But on the up side I think Hypo thyroid is easier to treat and lots of ways to help it naturally...
Congrats Firebird on the trophy!!

~Tonia said...

How are you feeling now?? Looks like you are going to go from one extreme to another.. I am sorry its no fun I know. But on the up side I think Hypo thyroid is easier to treat and lots of ways to help it naturally...
Congrats Firebird on the trophy!!