Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Another Year

Sometimes I feel like I am living in the wrong hemisphere. I like it hot.  I guess growing up in the mid Atlantic states in the late 60's and 70's being a sunworshipper does that to you.

Tans were all the rage back then-the darker the better.  And my sisters, 6 years older, were part of that fad, and being a good little sister I of course mimicked them.  Towel over the eyes and baby oil on the rest, wait 20 minutes, flip, 20 more, then dip.  A couple of hands of gin rummy under the umbrella, repeat.

I do like storms, though, and after the blizzard of '78 I decided I should move to Maine if I really wanted to see snow.  I should have had my head examined.  Haha.

I just re-read my post from last March, and I didn't shovel those last few storms.  Then the driveway turned into muck central when it melted and we had to park at the end and squish our way up for two weeks.  (Unless I wanted to rake the ruts in every afternoon-NOT)

I'll be an empty-nester soon.  Been busy going through the college application process with the Willow, who wants to major in medicine.  She will be going off in the fall.  Her brother, the Firebird, is about to complete his under grad studies in Mechanical Engineering and decided to persue his Master's.   He's applied to do some more work for NASA, but it's unclear if the shutdown has affected that.

Me, I'll just have to re-invent myself. (Taking suggestions! :) )


No comments: