Thursday, April 23, 2020

The New World

So...COVID-19 anyone?

I know my pals from all over the world are being impacted by this new virus, and thought I would check in after a long absence.

I am fortunate, in that probably the least affected would be a germaphobic hermit living in the woods shunning society!

My biggest impact is that my daughter had to come home from college and finish her year online.  Today was a CHem 2 exam, stressful for both of us in that I tried to make myself invisible and she was stressed out.

However, I have a small chicken roasting the the toaster oven, stuffed with sage and celery and onion, cozied up to a couple of baked potatoes, and  the fortune that she is a a budding chef peeling and chopping carrots as I type.  All that is left is homemade gravy.

Hang in there, stay creative, love your family! More soon!


2 comments:

TomW said...

Similar situation here - my oldest son came home to finish his last semester at University online. His younger brother is doing the same with his high school experience.

tree ocean said...

Thanks for your comment Tom. My middle child, a recently graduated Mech engineer, was considering moving home as a last resort, but luckily had a couple of job offers and is on a new track.