Sunday, May 2, 2021

Happy May

.  The red maples are blooming red, the sugar maple are blooming a white green.  Ash have an almost black flower. The bright yellow King Alfred daffs are blooming, the other narcissus are just coming on, as are the bleeding heart,

 

I have squashed a couple of tent caterpillar nests on the wild cherry trees.   

 

The grey squirrels rasied another brood in the eaves.  I caught the ready to leave the nest younglings hanging off the electric service and chewed them out in squirrel talk.  One is very bold, hanging out to just look at me.  (I speak grey squirrel with a southern accent)

 Willow is coming home for a summer break, and she is not too keen on squirrels living in the roof.  But I have always had a soft spot for them, and am glad the population has rebounded and they are losing their fear.  The fact that the neighbors son who liked to shoot at anything that moved is not around has made a difference, as well.

 Happy May

 

No comments: