Saturday, July 27, 2024

saturday

 When Dems turned on Biden, I kept thinking, "who are they going to put up?"

I didn't know much about Harris, and frankly wasn't a big fan because I had the impression that she was a bit starstruck and giddy in most of the images of her in her position as VP.

In retrospect, I think I had that view because every other politician uses fake snake smiles, if they smile at all and aren't on their doom and gloom rant. , I think most politicians are a bit sociopathic, one of the traits of which is lack of emotion and empathy. 

I am glad to hear her opponent rant that she is "more liberal" than President Biden. My biggest concern would be that in the heat of the moment Dems pushed a MORE conservative candidate. This is a rational concern, since the Maine District 2 incumbent Jared Golden is supposedly a Democrat, yet one would never know that by his latest TV ads. He proudly states all the ways he voted against Biden, the ways he has supported Trump, and proclaims he is "an Independent". ???

His REpublican opponent is even more out there, so it doesn't leave District two voters much of a choice-radical conservative, or extremist conservative? 

For those who aren't aware, Maine actually splits it's two electoral votes into North and South. The northern conservatives got mad that the more populated southern part of the state, which is more liberal, was calling all the shots, so some time ago it was decided to split the electoral vote, This is pretty much the same deal as redistricting and shifting voting numbers around to give repubs an advantage. 

Personally, I don't get the electoral college system. I think it should be popular vote, IOW every vote is equal and every vote counts. I wonder if any so called Democratic country in the world actually elects by popular vote?

*** minutes after I published this, I read an extremely alarming article on Huffington Post:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-christians-wont-have-to-vote-anymore_n_66a46c8be4b015f7c2ba6d61

 "...“Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore,” the GOP presidential nominee told the crowd at the conservative Turning Point Action event in Florida....He later continued, “Get out. You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.”"

 

Well, I am very excited about Kamala Harris. Her enthusiasm is contagious. She is obviously smart and as my mother used to say, "on the ball". Funny, after being a soccer Mom I can better understand  where that phrase comes from. It doesn't have to be just soccer, any sport or game with a ball makes the ball the focus, including a game of fetch with your canine pal.

I think using the latter as an analogy would be easier for me.

you go to play fetch with a dog. He/she sits at your feet and never takes their eyes off the ball in your hand. A laser focused canine can't even be fooled by the fake throw. Once it is airborne, nothing else exists until the ball is captured or the goal made. That is "on the ball".

Not, "on the ball" would be a canine who, when confronted with a ball in hand, gives a sniff, turns away, follows a side trail, relieves their bladder, stops to scratch, licks themselves, and then stares off in the distance looking for another project. When presented again with the ball, they turn their head to look at it, and promptly jaunt off in another direction, or just roll over and start scratching their backs.

Ball grass woman man TV...huh?

No comments: