Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hang on to your Hats

First the chicadees disappeared. Then it was the snapping turtle in the driveway. The bullfrog so intent on fleeing the marsh it jumped on and over the cat. The colors were ten days late. Bumper Pine Cone crop. One light frost here so far. Paper wasp nests twenty feet up in trees. Toads excavating soft clay like gophers. Red and grey squirrels engaged in a massive turf war. A murder of crows. My neighbor of fifteen years posted their waterfront for the first time.

We are going to get a bunch of snow and major spring floods. My prediction for 2011/2012.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

They are saying a mild wet winter here.. We are gonna freeze I just know it!!!!LOL I have goat babies due from Nov 19-Christmas!! Which is not the coldest part of winter for us but it will be cold I am sure..