Monday, November 16, 2009

Home to Roost

One of the white roosters we gave to the neighbor has returned. It has been months but he still knew his way home. Our flock is free ranging, and he has made no attempt to attack our senior rooster, which was one of the reasons I gave them away in the first place.

He is quite wild and remembers me chasing and catching him several times to return him, because he lets me nowhere near him and runs away and sqawks when he sees me. The first night he slept in the coop and that might have been a chance to catch him; last night he roosted in the pine tree, and when I crept out the the crack of dawn to get a pic of him, he jumped on the coop and started running around.


Here's a pic of the bag I received as a gift from Boss after her trip to Turkey.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Chickens are smarter than they look!! Love the bag! Its so neat.