Thursday, May 6, 2010

If you don't like the weather in Maine, wait a minute...



Earlier in the week, temps soared and it was time to break out the summer clothes. Then this a.m. I went out to feed my goats in shorts and a t-shirt and it started pouring. I was drenched; changed my shirt and added two more layers and headed to the farm, where it kept raining. I was soaked through and half frozen by the time I came home, so I started a fire and took a nap on the couch.

I woke up an hour later roasting, and changed back into shorts and a t-shirt. Then a cold front came through and I am freezing again.

These pics are from two days ago when a storm system moved through. We didn't get any rain from it. Go figure. :)

Bonnie, the last doe to deliver this year at the farm, fulfilled my prediction and had her first set of twins. She is so protective Boss had to chain her to dip the cords in iodine, and didn't have a chance to check the sex. Yesterday morning I gave Bonnie her grain and very carefully woke up her kids and peered under their tails. Both bucks! Which isn't too bad since they were fathered by Zeus who is now in goat heaven, so maybe one will fill his hooves...

The final total, three does and six bucks for BLF. A buck year, apparently.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

It must be something in the water every where!! A friend of mine just had ALL BUCKS!! And she is done with kidding for the year.
We live an hour from the city with the most variation in weather in the US.