Monday, August 16, 2010

Miss Rubies


Here is my little sweetie Ruby. She is so loving. Her purr is like nothing you have ever heard: I call it "hittin the high notes".

I finally worked on the roof over the Firebird's room. There was a bald faced hornet nest under the eave, but I was prepared, I bought wasp spray. (I make concessions to the pesticide industry for stinging and biting insects)

The only trouble was, those clever hornets had built their nest right above the electric drop. No way was I standing on the ground spraying a stream of flammable aerosol at my electric hook up. So I crept up and did the roof crouching and eyes going different directions. I still was stung twice.

The first time I didn't see it coming and got stung in a vein in my arm, and got off the roof for a few minutes to make sure I hadn't suddenly become allergic. After, it was Friday the 13th.

The second time I was eyeballing a hornet, while I was standing stock still, and then I thought I would be ok to proceed slowly, and as soon as I moved the hornet dove right at me and stung between my ring and pinky finger on my right hand! It happened in the blink of an eye. Those things are vicious!

Overall I was very pleased I was only stung twice and didn't fall off the roof!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I like Ms Rubies!
Yikes about the hornets! WE have wasp that keep trying to build up under the south eaves of the house. I can usually spray them with the water hose and knock them down. Because to reach with spray I would have to hang out the upstairs bathroom window and my fears is I woudlnt be able to get back out of the way before the wasp that I miss dive bomb me! More than likely I woudl get STUCK in the window and die of horrendous wasp stings!!lol I am not allergic but I would probably pick that time to become allergic!