Saturday, August 29, 2020

Saturday-The Ass end of August

The raven died.  The good folks at avianhaven.org did their best.  The remaining ravens have been rather morose:  I left a few balls of "goose bread" on the rock when I locked Pluto up for the night-it was gone this morning.  One was out back calling when I tried to communicate I was leaving an offerring-or was it a local feral feline that consumed the bread during the last 24 hours?

The fish kill is the hands of MDEP.  DEP seemed certain that concrete leachate was the suspect.  However, a water test spiked high for copper, so DEP said the container was wrong and the sample wasn't properly prepped, and went back 5 days after the incident and took two more samples which came back normal for parameters.

I caught a FYEO draft report which revealed the copper discrepancy, and after doing some digging found a plausible expalnation for the spike in copper-which catfish are particularly susceptible to-and sent the info along to the orignal leaker of the draft report, who bounced it back to dEPwho got their panties in a wad.

I finally threw my virutal hands up in disgust and said as long as there is NOT a repeat fish kill and someone is held accountible, fine.

Ancient guy who walks everyday got MY panties in a wad when he left a paper with an FYI article op ed justifying POTUS's sending the troops into Portland Oregon.

I want to reply that I would like to know how many Americans have protestred since the current prez was elected, point out that he incites division and villifies fellow Amercians, and that I do not support fascism.  But how do you do that to a 90 somthing Korean war veteran whose wife of 60 something years is in a nursing home and they , when he can visit, have to socially distance outside and both wear masks>

Me, the reclusive life is starting to lose it's appeal along with the length of sunlight.  I am going back back back to what used to inspire me, what my passions were, where do I find happiness in this turmoil?




No comments: