Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Empath

Isolation is tough on an Empath, or sensitive.  Consistent exposure to crowded situations and social interactions help dull the senses which are picking up on non verbal clues.

 

I had the news on today, with the gibber gabber in the background, and thought about human speech in comparison to animals.  Animals communicate primarily by non -verbal cues  And isolation has caused me to be extremely sensitive to non verbal cues.

 

I literally had a chicadee go out of it's way to get my attention, and after making sure that it had my attention, went very deliberately to the empty feeder and picked rapidly as if to say-"look no food here!"

 

The stressful buildup to the election has had me stetched thin.  It's in the non verbal cues, the prevalence of Trump signs and flags, the sight of unmasked magas, out of state license plates from hotspots, jet afterburners headed for Bangor hitting it right over the house-(gotta love those rallies)

 

But finally today I had a sudden lifting of spirit.  was this voter relief, personal relief, a positive sign?

 

I don't know, but I had a one in five lifetime moments this afternoon of uncontrolled laughter listening to the local news describing the arsonist the state police are on the lookout for-he was caught on video surveillence wearing a hoody and carrying a gas can.  But they didn't say how the victim-a porta potty-made out.

No comments: