Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Song and Dance

 I have been trying to listen to the radio a bit more of late.  Isn't that so old school, listen to the radio? There are a couple of good so-called classic rock stations within puny antenna reach, and there is something comforting about hearing the same call letters for over 40 years.

 

Speaking of 40, how can you top having a live band on your favorite radio station sing you happy birthday on your 40th?  

 

I had the radio on this afternoon, it really gets me going.  Even now I am listening to "Footloose" and am finding it very difficult to sit still and type and not get up and start cutting a rug. Hang on a second.Ok it came to the "turn me around" and I had to getup and have a little spin.  I am a little rusty.  I used to have dance moves specific to a lot of different songs.  

 

An old roomate got me started on that, we had a bit for Ratt's "Round and Round" back in the 80's and would do our little bit on the stairs(in our spandex lol) at Portland Maine's largest Rock Club where we worked as waitresses.

 "Jenny" by Tommy Twotone came on.  I couldn't resist.  Had I ever done it?  I picked up my cell and typed in "8675309" and held my breath.  

"The number you have reached, 207, 867 (is she going to say it OMG?) 5309 ....has been disconnected and is no longer in service"

Dang you thing the phone company would put something clever on that number.  Could you imagine? Wonder if they ever assign it or if it is just blacked out.  LMAO  It was pretty funny.

Spring must be in the air to have this old gal shaking her tail.  Guiness on after St patty's Day clearance sale doesn't hurt either.

 

Some of the migrant birds are returning.  Today I saw a flock of common grackle up the road, had seveal fox sparrows and juncos acting very nesting like.  The ducks are quacking in the stream (mallards I think although I have seen wood duck there as well) A couple pairs of white breasted nuthatch finally appeared after a winter's absence.

 

Things are a little mucky.  The water table is horribly low for spring thaw, but we are due for some rain and then maybe "significant snow" Sunday.  Boo.  The red maples and pussywillow are finally starting to bud.



 

 

No comments: