Wednesday, November 26, 2008

STORM

Once again I accidentally posted a post here that was meant for the other blog. Funny, I was sure I was in the right blog. Brain cramp.

We are in the midst of a psycho storm! 1-4 inches of rain, wind gusts up to 60 mph. We lost the power earlier. It flicked twice hard before that, so I had a couple candles and a box of matches at the ready. Then I just had to plug in the landline instead of the cordless phone to call the electric company to report it.

I learned a long time ago that the sooner you report it, the sooner it comes back. Don't just assume your neighbors reported it!

I was sure that given the strength of the storm we were looking at two days without power. Imagine our delight when the power came back on in an hour!!!

Shortly afterward the phone rang, and it was the power company inquiring if we had power back. I was so glad! I thanked her and thanked her, and said to thank the crews! Even when I have been out five days I have thanked them profusely for getting it back on! Those poor folks out there working at the mercy of the weather. I would not have liked to have been out in this storm fixing downed lines!

Oops it just flickered so I might lose it again!

Well, I know strong storms are not uncommon, but we have had a few real kickers. Scares the crap out of me that it could get worse in months to come if this is one the effects of climate change.

No comments: