Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Tuesday

We had another busy week. Last Tuesday night we went to Hallowell to catch some live music outside along the river. Not a dancing band, just folks piled around on the benches and under the trees in the little park by the Kennebec. If we go again I think we will take fishing poles and see what we might catch in the Kennebec.

Wednesday we went to the beach for a few hours in the afternoon. It was hot even on the beach! I went into the water twice. I spent most of the rest of the time on my stomach exchanging heated tests with Ten over a huge disagreement. I was wearing a brand new string bikini (the only thing left in my size at Walmart last week)...and I fried my butt. Well, everything but my butt. The tag was sticking up on the bottoms and I had a white tag tattoo on my lower back. I even had the bow from the top outlined in white on my back.

The kids had on 8 hour, waterproof SPF 35 and Willow still got a bad burn on her back. She started peeling last night. So you can imagine my burn with no spf (hardcore)

Willow made this cool sandcastle by dripping handfuls of sandy water.

That night we went to the Walker Brothers circus. I almost nixed it because of the sunburn I was developing. As a result of that and my dark mood in general, I did not enjoy it as much as in previous years, but the kids had a good time. No monkeys this year-or elephants, or dogs even. A short pony run around the ring act and some trained pigs! yes, trained pigs. That was pretty funny. Also Paolo the young juggler grew a couple inches...lol such a small circus you get to know all the performers by name year to year.

The next few days were pretty quiet. I tried to work on taking the fence down at Prescott one day with R (he came back for two days) and the other day with young D. Between the sunburn and chasing snagged line around a huge wooded pasture I just about had a meltdown. Fencework with a sunburn in the sunny nineties...yeah right.

I had a moose go through my own electric fence (in one side and out the other) snapping two lines , breaking insulators, and creating a nightmare of a repair job of my own.

Saturday was a blast. We went to the Strawberry festival and ate homemade strawberry goodies and listened to a nice little acoustic band.

Saturday night Ten and I went to the Blues Festival and tore up Main Street dancing to every band. The night hit an early snag when Ten forgot his wallet and then couldn't get into any of the bars for lack of ID. They were carding pretty heavily, but of course not me..lol how embarassing.

So we did what a lot of other folks were doing, went up to the local RiteAid which happened to sell liquor. I grabbed a bottle of Cuervo Margarita, some cups, and a bag of ice. LOL. We were all set.

Ten and I had never danced, although we both have boasted of our prowess. I felt fairly confident as I have managed to hold my own in bowling, pool, ping pong, and swimming. LOL. We heard a good song and Ten urged me upfront- where I usually prefer to dance...then grabbed my hands and what a disaster! LOL. I have never danced holding hands, and although we both have great rhythm I could not sync up with him.

We had to have a big talk, lol, and after that we danced together not holding hands. Once in awhile he would try and grab me and the disaster would repeat itself with me almost falling on him. Otherwise it was a great time. We left Rockland well after midnight and the party was still going on.

Pretty quiet schedule for this week. I am going to try and do some stuff around here, that sounds familiar, doesn't it? LOL

1 comment:

~Tonia said...

Ouch on the sunburn! Coconut oil with a little lavender oil in it will take the burn out and help it heal. I am a veteran sunburner due to very fair skin that fries like bacon!loL I just use the coconut oil you buy in the baking isle at the store.
Sounds like summer time at your place! So happy I dont have to worry about a moose running through my fence though.. Biggest thing is deer but we dont see them much at this place..